Aloe Vera, miracle plant
In use since ancient times, by Mayas and Egyptians among others, aloe vera is considered by many as a miracle plant. It contains tons of minerals and vitamins : zinc, calcium; iron, potassium, phosphor, vitamins A, B and 5…And even though it originated in tropical regions, it can adapt to other climates et grows perfectly well inside, asking for little care.
Here are a few of its benefits :
With its soothing and healing effects, you can apply it on burns, bug bites, skin irritations…
- It’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Good for the intestines, it helps with digestion.
- Studies on diabetes have shown that aloe could lower glucose and cholesterol levels.
Excellent for the skin, aloe vera fights skin ageing, nourishes it and helps rebalancing its pH.
- Its astringent properties make it the perfect ingredient against oily skins.
- Highly moisturizing, this plant is perfect in day or night creams !
- Its gel can also be used in hair cares.
You can easily harvest the gel for your plant, and use in your cooking, as a remedy or in your homemade cosmetics.
Furthermore, it’s pretty !